The Centre for Software Development (CSD) an initiative under MU, is an in-house industry standard software development centre housed at School of Information Sciences, Manipal was set up in the year 2013. The aim of the CSD is to:
- Specialize in the development of software solutions to IT needs of Manipal University that would provide cost-effective, end-user specific, customizable and expandable solutions developed in-house.
- Train the Faculty Members on Project Management skills so that we can take IT projects delivery on a permanent basis, as well as utilize the project execution experience in better delivery of our lectures.
- Support Internships to students (both MU and non-MU) providing the opportunity to work on live projects on various technologies covering the entire life cycle of a typical IT project, thereby enhancing overall problem-solving skills of the students which will help them to be Industry Ready.
- Conduct workshops of effective project implementation to budding practitioners of Software Engineering.
- Provide a platform for faculty & students to incubate such activities thereby creating employment opportunities.
- Explore business potential outside the Manipal group thereby creating value for the existing solutions in the years to come.
The centre also collaborates with of ISD, Manipal & works in a joint development mode or in an independent mode as required.
Mr. Sudhakar Upadhaya,
Asst Prof (Senior Scale), SOIS