Mammary Analogue Secretory Carcinoma of Parotid – a Pathological Mystery

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review


Salivary gland neoplasms account for 3–6% of head and neck tumours. 70–80% of parotid tumours are benign in histopathology. FNAC has an overall accuracy of 95% in diagnosis of parotid neoplasms. However, the remaining 5% still pose a histopathological mystery which may require a surgical excision of the parotid. We report a case of a 42 year-old-man with a history of parotid swelling and a FNAC report which showed a possibility of a low-grade mucoepidermoid carcinoma or a ductal adenocarcinoma. Final histopathological diagnosis after surgical excision revealed a new pathological entity in mammary analogue secretory carcinoma of parotid.

Original languageEnglish
JournalIndian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
Publication statusAccepted/In press - 2022

All Science Journal Classification (ASJC) codes

  • Surgery
  • Otorhinolaryngology


Dive into the research topics of 'Mammary Analogue Secretory Carcinoma of Parotid – a Pathological Mystery'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this